The Energy Performance of Buildings Register (the register) are the official place for all Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), Display Energy Certificates (DECs) and Air Conditioning Inspection Reports (ACIRs).
The dataset used in this post is a simplified version of the original dataset freely downloaded from the EPC open data community. This simplification is mainly for analyzing properties in the Exeter area only and for visualization purposes. Hence, for more details about the dataset, please refer to the EPC open data community.
Exeter EPC certificate data Source of dataset. (downloaded on 11-May-2021)
Properties / attributes of the dataset. The complete list is described here (https://epc.opendatacommunities.org/docs/guidance)
- ADDRESS: Field containing the concatenation of address1, address2 and address3. Note that post code is recorded separately.
- POSTCODE: The postcode of the property
- PROPERTY_TYPE: Describes the type of property such as House, Flat, Maisonette etc. This is the type differentiator for dwellings.
- BUILT_FORM: The building type of the Property e.g. Detached, Semi-Detached, Terrace etc. Together with the Property Type, the Build Form produces a structured description of the property
- MAINHEAT_DESCRIPTION: Overall description of the property feature
- INSPECTION_DATE: The date that the inspection was actually carried out by the energy assessor
- FLOOR_LEVEL: Flats and maisonettes only. Floor level relative to the lowest level of the property (0 for ground floor). If there is a basement, the basement is level 0 and the other floors are from 1 upwards
- TOTAL_FLOOR_AREA: The total useful floor area is the total of all enclosed spaces measured to the internal face of the external walls, i.e. the gross floor area as measured in accordance with the guidance issued from time to time by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or by a body replacing that institution. (m²)
- CURRENT_ENERGY_RATING: Current energy rating converted into a linear 'A to G' rating (where A is the most energy efficient and G is the least energy efficient)
- POTENTIAL_ENERGY_RATING: Estimated potential energy rating converted into a linear 'A to G' rating (where A is the most energy efficient and G is the least energy efficient)
- ENVIRONMENT_IMPACT_CURRENT: The Environmental Impact Rating. A measure of the property's current impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (CO₂) missions. The higher the rating the lower the CO₂ emissions. (CO₂ emissions in tonnes / year)
- ENVIRONMENT_IMPACT_POTENTIAL: The potential Environmental Impact Rating. A measure of the property's potential impact on the environment in terms of carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions after improvements have been carried out. The higher the rating the lower the CO₂ emissions. (CO₂ emissions in tonnes / year)
- CO2_EMISSIONS_CURRENT: CO₂ emissions per year in tonnes/year.
- CO2_EMISSIONS_POTENTIAL: Estimated value in Tonnes per Year of the total CO₂ emissions produced by the Property in 12 month period.